As at all previous BME editions we have also this year several awards.
- There will be the Best Poster and the Best Oral Presentation
- The Henk Stassen Award for Best Young Researcher BME 2022. Year more at https://www.bme2022.nl/henk-stassen-award-for-young-scientists/, Former award winners are: 2013 – Stefan Klein (Erasmus MC), 2017 – Heike Vallery (TU Delft), 2019 – Rik Vullings (Eindhoven University)
IEEE-EMBS Best Paper Award
During the 9th Dutch BME Conference, the Benelux Chapter of the IEEE EMBS (Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society) will award with 500 EUR the best paper published in the years 2021 in any of the IEEE Transactions/Journals sponsored by the IEEE EMBS.
The conditions for the nomination of a paper are:
- Publication or written proof of acceptance dated in 2021.
- At least one of the authors should be registered and present at the 9th Dutch BME Conference. The nomination should include the names of the authors expected to attend the conference. Their presence at the conference will be checked on site before issuing the award.
- The nomination should be sent by email to Prof. Massimo Mischi (email@example.com), Chairman of the IEEE EMBS Benelux Chapter, AND to Dr. Simona Turco (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline is set on December 21, 2021.
- The nomination email should contain the PDF of the paper, proof of acceptance (applicable for articles that have not yet been published), and the names of the authors present at the 9th Dutch BME.
- Papers eligible for nomination should be published or accepted in one of the following journals (co)sponsored by the IEEE EMBS:
- IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering (T-BME)
- Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering (T-NSRE)
- Journal on Biomedical and Health Informatics (J-BHI)
- IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering (R-BME)
- IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine (J-TEHM)
- Transactions on Medical Imaging (T-MI)
- Transactions on NanoBioscience (T-NB)
- Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (T-CBB)
- Transactions on Computational Imaging (T-CI)
- Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems (T-BCAS)
- Life Sciences Letters (LSL)
- IEEE Transactions on Medical Robotics and Bionics